- An EPA report estimates that Americans spend about 93% of their time indoors.
- The average six-room house collects over 40 pounds of dust each year.
- Standard throw-away fiberglass filters remove less than 7% of these particles, which means much of the rest settles in your air ducts.
- Indoor pollution affects 21 million people each year in the United States (Occupational Safety and Health Administration – OSHA).
- Indoor Air Pollution levels often average 10 to 100 times higher than outdoor concentrations, according to studies by the EPA, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), and others.
- A National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) study of government and private sector office buildings (including schools, colleges, and healthcare facilities) concluded that over 50% of indoor air quality problems reported were related to poor ventilation.
- The American College of Allergy and Immunology has found that house dust is the major cause of allergies in persons with year round complaints.
- Additionally, The American College of Allergists says that 50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted indoor air.
- Cleaning a building’s ventilation system can save up to 25-30% in utility efficiency.
- A build-up of .042 inches of dirt on a heating or cooling coil can result in a decrease in efficiency of 21% (Environmental Protection Agency – EPA).
- The EPA estimates lost productivity due to poor air quality at $60 billion annually.
- 9 out of 10 systems failures are caused by dirt and dust (Louisiana Cooperative Extension Services – LCES).
- According to the U.S. Fire Administration, approximately 15,600 structure fires every year result from clothes dryer fires, 70% of which are caused by failure to clean such components as lint filters, ducts and vent systems.
- An estimated 1 out of 3 restaurant fires are caused by grease buildup according to the U.S. Fire Administration.
For guaranteed satisfaction from a certified duct cleaning service – call Mighty Ducts, at 307-778-0050. We also service the Fort Collins & Greeley, Co area.